05/21/2020 - Large Scale Paper Piecing
Class: Large Scale Paper Piecing
Instructor: Candice Murray
Project: Butterfly Divide Quilt designed by Candice Murray
-Learn fundamentals of paper piecing.
- Learn my tips and tricks for making paper easier to remove once top is completed.
- I cover “perfect points” in joining sections.
- Once class is finished students have the knowledge to complete quilt top at home.
Online videos are available to reiterate what was covered in class and leads to a quicker more successful quilt top.
Pre Class Work:
Cut out Y20, Y21, Y22, Y23
- Sewing Machine
- Presser foot
- Iron and ironing mat
- Extra sewing machine needles
- Thread in coordinating colors
- Bobbin loaded with coordinating thread
- Trimming scissors
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- Seam ripper (no regrets)
- Ruler and add a quarter
- Double sided and masking tape
- Fabric requirements from pattern & fabric key