2022 01/15/22 Tucker University Class#10 - Large Square Squared
You asked for it, you got it. More squares inside of squares inside of squares. The Large Square Squared is a perfect format to feature any fussy cuts or embroidery pieces. But it doesn’t stop there! You will fall in love with the snail’s trail block when you use the Large Square Squared.
Required Tools: Large Square Squared
Required Technique Sheet: Stacked Squares Technique Sheet
Required Design Sheet: Large Square Squared
*These items can be purchased at Ready Set Sew.
Basic Sewing Supplies:
Sewing Machine with power cords and manual (just in case)
Snips or trimming scissors
Basic Quilting Supplies:
Rotary Cutter with a sharp blade
Marking Pencil (Mechanical will do)
Small Cutting Mat
Straight Edge Ruler approx. 6”x12” or so
Best Press or light starch (optional)
This is a good time to evaluate your scraps from previous classes and see if you can use some of them on your practice units during this class. Here are the pre-cutting directions to make (2) 4” finished economy blocks and (2) 4” finished snail’s trail blocks.
For the economy block, you will need the following: (Each set of squares should be from a different fabric.)
(2) 2 1/2” squares for the center
(4) 2 3/4” squares for the first round, sub cut once on the diagonal to make 8 triangles
(4) 2 3/4” squares for the next round, sub cut once on the diagonal to make 8 triangles
For the Snail’s Trail block you will need the following cut from each Fabric A and Fabric B
(1) 1 3/4” X 12” strip
(1) 2 3/4” square, sub cut once on the diagonal to make 2 triangles
(1) 3 1/4" square, sub cut once on the diagonal to make 2 triangles